SPENDING LONG HOURS IN FRONT OF PC/LAPTOP
This post is for all my friends, who spend hours together in front of a PC / Laptop and are suffering from cronic Cervical related problems. And those who have suffered or suffering would vouch that the pain is so unbearable. I am going to share my experience about the pain and how I came out of it subsequently.
The Unbearable Pain: In 2014 when I was in Jaipur, one day I started feeling stiffness in neck. I initially thought it might be stiffness due to a wrong posture during sleep. Over next few days the pain became unbearable. I realised that, while driving from Delhi to Jaipur. I was unable to straighten my hand. The pain stretched from my neck to hands and in waves. I remembered someone mentioned that the wavering pain in left shoulder to hands might be due to heart problem. I was so scared and went to consult a heart specialist who after checking my reports confirmed that there is no issue in heart and the pain might be due to Cervical.
In the meanwhile, I was spending sleepless nights literally crying and waking up in the middle of the night. I never realised in my life that cervical pain can be so painful.
Neurologist: I went and consulted a neurologist doctor who gave me some medicine pain killers. The neurologist also mentioned about surgery, which I was against. The pain would subside in 4 to 6 hours after taking the medicine and would resurface as soon as the effect of medicine would reduce. The moment you take the medicine you also start feeling drowsy, most of the time.
Physiotherapy: In the meanwhile I was taking Physiotherapy; the therapist would do his best and straighten my hands after performing one hour of therapy. But within few hours the pain would resurface. Almost, after having 10 to 12 days of physiotherapy, I could feel no change or insignificant change in my situation.
Acupuncture: My fortune changed when I mentioned my condition to one of my customer who suggested me to take help from Acupuncturist.
I visited a very popular Acupuncturist, in Jaipur. God Bless him.
Identifying the problem: The acupuncturist discussed with me about the cervical problem, and that’s when I understood the root cause of the problem. The discs located at the back of neck are called C1, C2, C3, C4 C5, C6 & C7, and that the nerves coming out from spinal cords would get stuck in between one of the discs and the pressure of the disc on nerves create the unbearable pain. Now, think about one of the nerve come in between your teeth, how painful it can be? That’s one reason during the Cervical problem pain may not get relief taking any ordinary pain killer.
The Treatment I received: The Doctor after checking my X-Ray agreed to give me therapy. He suggested a 45 day therapy of half-an-hour treatment every day. The process involved pricking needles in points that connected my cervical point right from neck to my shoulders and hands.
First Day Experience: I reached the centre and the doctor asked me to lay in a bed where I could see an electrical board. The doctor then used a small gun and started pricking needles in various parts of back neck & shoulders and up to my hands. Honestly I was scarred but to my surprise I did not feel any pain of pricking, then he connected the wire coming from the electric board and I started getting small sensation of electric shocks. I was feeling amused and at the same time apprehensive about the process. After half an hour or so the nurse came and removed the needles.
The result:The result of first day therapy, my frozen hands released, I could straighten my hand. From the next day onwards, every single day I would go off to sleep during my therapy. Such was the painless experience. And in 15 days I got cured of my neck cervical problem and never resurfaced for another 7 years.
Cost of treatment: In 2014 the consultation was Rs.200 and cost of treatment per sitting was Rs.100/- . Today it should range between Rs.250 to Rs.350 per sitting.
Dear friends, please do like my blog if you find the write-up of any value to you.
This is beneficial to readers like us who continuously sit in the wrong posture. Will take insights from this.
ReplyDeleteSanthanam ji I was with you in Jaipur at that time and shared quite a few things...surely appreciate what you have written and is a common problem...
Delete🙏🏻
ReplyDeleteWell written. Looking forward to your next writeup.
ReplyDeleteThis post gives me confidence to go for acupuncture...very well explained.
ReplyDeleteVery well written and well explained.. very Informative
ReplyDeleteVery well articulated as expected from such a meticulous person. Should help others who are suffering from back pain.... Looking forward to next blog from you Santy
ReplyDeleteUse ful and goid
ReplyDeleteGood
ReplyDeleteThere are many things at times that we don’t know about. But I would say, it’s usually hit and trial, what works for who. And we need to keep trying until we get rid of the pain 😞. But this definitely is a very good read
ReplyDeleteUseful. Pls add what other ailments they solve well...
ReplyDeleteAwsum, keep writing mate
ReplyDeleteVery useful.
ReplyDeleteIt's really useful article.We don't realise that how much we are taxing ourselves by ignoring our health issues.
ReplyDeleteVery well written article about the problems we all face especially in the lockdown now. We can all leverage from your learnings and make right decision without experimentation.
ReplyDeleteVery useful article. So many of us are scared to try alternative therapies/ medicines. Such first hand info gives us the confidence. Thanks
ReplyDeleteVery useful information Santy. Thanks for sharing your experience with us
ReplyDeleteuseful info shared ... gr8 going
ReplyDelete